Please note those important deadlines
Please note the Key Dates below so you don’t miss any important deadlines.
Paper Submission Deadline
Thu, Dec 19th, 2019
Acceptance Notifications/Deadline for Tutorial Proposals
Fri, Feb 28th, 2020
End of Early Registration
Mon, May 4th, 2020
Start of Conference
Mon, Jun 8th, 2020
- Physical, mechanical, and electromagnetic sensors
(including acoustic sensors)
- Chemical, environmental, biological and medical sensors, and biophotonics
- Interferometric, polarimetric and laser-based sensors (including gyroscopes and resonators)
- Micro- and nano-structured fiber sensors (including photonic crystal fiber and grating-based sensors)
- Distributed and multiplexed sensing and sensor networking
- Other technologies (including imaging-related, spectroscopic and those based on smart-phone platforms).
- Environmental, security, defense, and industrial applications; technology commercialization and standardization
- Smart structures (including structural health monitoring
and photonics in additive manufacturing)
- New elements (fibers, devices, and subsystems), effects (e.g., plasmonics), technologies
and materials (e.g., meta- and structured-materials, etc.) for photonic sensing
- Integrated photonics, cavity optomechanics, and quantum sensing techniques, precision metrology, frequency combs
Call For Papers
The International Conference on Optical Fibre Sensors (OFS), established in 1983, is acknowledged as the world’s leading conference on all topics related to photonic sensing technologies. OFS provides a forum for reporting and exchanging ideas on the latest advances in research and development on fiber-optic and photonic sensing. It has also contributed significantly to industrialization and standardization of the related devices and systems for field deployment. OFS is independently run and complies to the strictest standards for the evaluation of submissions.
The 27th OFS conference (OFS 2020) will be held in Alexandria, Virginia, a historic port town on the banks of the Potomac River, approximately 5 miles south of the Nation’s capital, during 8-12 of June 2020. It will offer plenary and invited talks, contributed oral and poster presentations, workshops, and exhibitions from industrial partners. Social events will also take place to foster networking among the participants in a friendly setting.
The conference caters to both practitioners and academics, providing a forum to exchange ideas and experiences on technology, methodology, applications, study cases, and practical experiences. Authors are encouraged to submit papers in the following format.
- Research papers: Manuscripts addressing novel ideas, theoretical issues, technology, methodology, or detailed studies. These academic-oriented papers will be peer reviewed and prioritized according to their contribution. Note: student papers should be submitted in this category and will be reviewed as such.
Manuscripts will be reviewed by the Technical Program Committee. Authors of accepted full papers must submit the final paper version according to the deadline, register for the workshop, and attend to present their papers. The maximum length for final papers is 4 pages without exceptions.