Getting from the Airports to the Westin, Alexandria
Travelling around in the United States of America is easy if you have a car or can get a taxi. If not, you will need to have your wits about you. Here are several ways to get to the Westin from the surrounding airports. If it doesn’t go quite to plan on the day, just remember to enjoy the scenery.
All these routes take you to King Street Metro Station, Alexandria. A short taxi or Uber will take you to the Westin (<0.5 mile away). You could walk, if your bag isn’t too heavy. SEE MAP.
These can be paid using a SmartTrip card or the SmartTrip app. Cards are available at the metro stations. Metrobus will take cash but the exact fare is required.
You load value onto the SmartTrip card when you purchase. If you run out of funds, you must pay an exit fare at your destination to cover the remainder. Fare will be $5-$10.
Travelling to the Westin from Reagan National Airport:
Metrorail: Take the Blue or Yellow Line south (toward Franconia-Springfield or Huntington, respectively) to King Street Metro Station.
Travelling to the Westin from Dulles Airport:
Method 1: TAXI
- Fare will be ~$100
Method 2: Silver Line Express Bus to Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station
- The Silver Line Express Bus provides a convenient, economical connection between Washington Dulles International Airport and the Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station.
- $5.00 each way, non-stop service every 15-20 minutes.
- Tickets for the Silver Line Express Bus will be available for purchase at the ticket counter located inside Door #4 on the Arrivals level of the airport.
- Convenient front-door service at Dulles Airport, Arrivals Level Door 4, in the center of the Terminal Building.
- To get to Alexandria from the Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station, take the Silver Line east to Rosslyn and transfer to the Blue Line, going south (toward Franconia-Springfield) to King Street.
Method 3: Metrobus 5A from Dulles Airport to L’Enfant Plaza Station
- This will take around 45 mins (hourly service at half past each hour $7.50).
- You can pay using a SmartTrip card, the SmartTrip app, or using exact cash.
- To reach the bus pickup location at Dulles Airport, follow the signs for “Baggage/Transportation”. At Door 4, go down the ramp and exit. Cross to the middle and board the Metrobus 5A at Bus Stop 2Eat the Ground Transportation Area (Taxicab level).
- To get to Alexandria from the L’Enfant Plaza Station, take the Yellow Line south (toward Huntington) to King Street.