Visitors From Abroad
International Travel Information
OFS 2022 welcomes visitors from around the world. We have compiled a list of resources to help make your travel and show experience as convenient and successful as possible.
Letter of Invitation
A letter of invitation is provided only after you have completed registration for the conference and paid the conference registration fee. Such a letter may be needed to obtain a visa or permission to attend the meeting. If you require an invitation letter please contact the conference organizers via email. The letter will be provided by email. In special circumstances, we may be able to provide a letter prior to registration – please contact Brianna Orr regarding this.
The Conference cannot contact or intervene with any Embassy or Consulate office abroad on your behalf so please begin your visa application process as soon as you determine that you wish to attend OFS 2020. Please provide as much information as possible to avoid delays in receiving your letter. You must register for the conference and pay in full before requesting an invitation letter.
Visa Waiver Program
The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) enables nationals of 36 participating countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business (visitor [B] visa purposes only) for stays of 90 days or less without obtaining a visa. The program was established to eliminate unnecessary barriers to travel, stimulating the tourism industry, and permitting the Department of State to focus consular resources in other areas. VWP eligible travelers may apply for a visa, if they prefer to do so. Nationals of VWP countries must meet eligibility requirements to travel without a visa on VWP, and therefore, some travelers from VWP countries are not eligible to use the program. VWP travelers are required to have a valid authorization through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) prior to travel, are screened at the port of entry into the United States, and are enrolled in the Department of Homeland Security’s US-VISIT program.
Eligibility for Admission Under the Visa Waiver Program
Review this VWP Quick Reference Guide (for new member countries) and make sure you review this webpage for detailed information. Nationals of the 36 countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program may use VWP if:
- They have received an authorization to travel under the VWP through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA)
- They present the appropriate type of passport valid for six months past their expected stay in the United States This is a requirement in addition to other passport requirements for all categories of passports — regular, diplomatic, and official – when the traveler is seeking to enter the United States for business or tourist purposes, for a maximum of 90 days;
- The purpose of their stay in the United States is 90 days or less for tourism or business (Visitor (B) visa) purpose of travel. (If in doubt, travelers should check with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate to verify that what they plan to do is considered tourism or business.) Transit through the United States is generally permitted.
- If arriving by air or sea, they are traveling on an approved carrier and have a return trip ticket to any foreign destination;
- They can demonstrate the intent to stay 90 days or less in the United States and demonstrate sufficient funds to support themselves while in the United States. Learn more on the CBP website.
VWP travelers who have been admitted under the Visa Waiver Program and who make a short trip to Canada, Mexico or an adjacent island generally can be readmitted to the United States under the VWP for the balance of their original admission period. See the Department of Homeland Security’s Customs and Border Protection (CBP) website for additional details. Also VWP nationals resident in Mexico, Canada or adjacent islands are generally exempted from requirements to show onward travel to other foreign destinations. Learn more at the CBP website.
Countries Participating in the Visa Waiver Program
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- United Kingdom
- Czech Republic
- Malta Slovakia
- South Korea